2. The collected cookies will only be used by POLIBRAS, and their use which will never occur in an abusive or invasive way to the user’s privacy, is limited to the following purposes:
- I) recognize the user’s identity and, in possession of that information, improve the quality and effectiveness of the service provided, by retaining information related to their preferences and eliminating the need to repeatedly enter the same information;
- II) estimate the quantitative and qualitative levels of service use.
3. Cookies are individually assigned to each user in order to ensure the security and confidentiality of data.
4. Cookies will be stored on the user’s computer hard drive in order to save their preferences.
5. Albeit this action may cause the loss of some features normally available on the website, the user can disable cookies in his browser.
6. All browsers allow the user to accept, refuse or delete cookies, that is by selecting the appropriate settings in the respective browser. You can configure cookies in the “options” or “preferences” menu.
7. However, whenever you execute any of the tasks related to the cookies provided for in the previous point, regardless of the browser, the user may face constraints related to the operation of certain features available on the website, with necessary losses in the quality of browsing to operate in the latter.
8. Setting cookies – Internet Explorer:
- A) click on the “tools” menu and choose the “internet options” option;
- B) select the “privacy” tab;
- C) move the bar to the top, where the option “block all cookies” will appear.
9. Setting cookies – Mozilla Firefox:
- A) click on “tools” menu;
- B) select “options”;
- C) click on the “privacy” icon on the upper panel;
- D) in the “cookie” section disable the option “accept cookies from this website”;
- E) press “ok” to save the changes and close
10. Setting cookies – Google Chrome:
- A) click on “customize and control Google Chrome” (symbol located at the end of the address bar);
- B) select the “More tools” option;
- C) click on “clear browsing data”;
- D) in the checkbox “clear the following items from:” choose the option “always”;
- E) select the first 4 options and click on “clear browsing data”.
11. Setting cookies – Safari Web and IOS:
- A) click on “edit”;
- B) select “preferences”;
- in the top panel, select the “security” icon;
- D) in the “accept cookies” section, select “never”.