WHO ARE WE?
According with the General Data Protection Regulation, the company responsible for the collected data is:
POLIBRAS – ABRASIVOS E POLIMENTO, S.A.
Headquarters: Rua de São Tiago, 1088. 4805-437 Ronfe
Telephone: +351 253 540 020
WHY DO WE PROCESS YOUR DATA?
Regardless, by registering in our website and/or provide your information, POLIBRAS handles the information to send the relevant parts, technical assistance provision, fraud prevention and detection, ensure network and information security and provision of services or information, in accordance with the applicable legislation and the rights of the data owner.
Furthermore, when mandatory legal obligations apply to you, POLIBRAS can reveal your personal data, with the purpose of fulfilling legal obligations to police, judicial, tax and regulatory entities.
WHY DO WE PROCESS YOUR DATA?
When submitting the forms available at our website or providing us with your contact through other means, your personal data (like name, e-mail, phone number or address) are collected by POLIBRAS and processed in order to answer your questions, requests or provide you with information. Hence, the personal data you are providing us will be processed for the indicated means at the moment of collection.
By providing us with your contact, POLIBRAS may contact you for marketing purposes regarding its services, as long as you have consented to the treatment of your personal data for this purpose. In case you consent, you will receive marketing notifications via e-mail. You can at any moment oppose to the processing of your data.
Your permission is indispensable for POLIBRAS to process your personal data for these purposes; nonetheless if you choose not to not grant permission, to the process of your data, your visit in our website and its usage will not be affected.
FOR HOW LONG DO WE STORE YOUR DATA?
The amount of time during which your personal data is stored and kept varies according to the purpose for which the information is processed.
Effectively, some legal requirements can impose the data to be preserved for a minimum amount of time. Thus, and when no legal requirement is in place, the data will be stored and preserved for the minimum necessary period of time in order to pursuit of the purposes that motivated its collection and further processing, under the terms defined by law. For marketing communications, your data will be preserved for an undetermined period of time until your express disapproval.
WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS?
At any time, the data subject may:
- Request the access to the information that we keep about him: as data subject, you have the right to obtain confirmation that your data is or not being processed and, if applicable, to access your personal data and access the information as provided by law.
- Request the correction of the information if it is incorrect or incomplete: as data subject, you have the right that POLIBRAS, rectify the incorrect or incomplete data that concerns you, without an unjustified delay.
- Request his personal data to be deleted: as data subject, you have the right to request POLIBRAS the deletion of your data, without unjustified delay, and it has the obligation to delete the personal data, without unjustified delay, when, in particular, one of the following motives apply:
- The personal data stopped being necessary for the purpose that lead to its processing;
- The consent to process the data has been revoked (in case in which processing is based in consent) and there is no other reason for said processing;
- You oppose to the processing and there are no prevailing legitimate interests that justify processing.
- Oppose to the processing of his personal data: in cases where the data processing is carried out with the legitimate interests of POLIBRAS; or the data processing is carried out for purposes of direct marketing, as well as setting profiles, the data subject can also, at any moment, object to the processing of his personal data.
- If the processing depends on your consent, you have the right to remove it.
WITHDRAWAL OF CONSENT
If consent is legally necessary for the processing of personal data, the data subject has the right to withdraw consent at any time, although this right does not compromise the lawfulness of the processing carried out on the basis of the previously given consent nor the subsequent processing of the same data, based on another legal basis, as is the case with the fulfillment of the contract or the legal obligation to which POLIBRAS is subject.
In case you intend to exercise any of your rights, you must contact us, writing, via e-mail to, firstname.lastname@example.org or via letter, sending it to the following address: Rua de São Tiago, 1088, 4805-437 Ronfe, Guimarães.
Your requests will be treated with special care so that we can ensure the efficiency of your rights. You may be asked to send proof of your identity to ensure that the personal data is shared only made with the holder.
Anyhow, you will be informed of the actions taken by POLIBRAS to process your request, within one month from the moment it is made.
You also have the right to file a complaint to the Comissão Nacional de Proteção de Dados (Portuguese Data Protection Authority).
SECURITY AND CONFIDENTIALITY
POLIBRAS strives to keep your data secure, and takes the appropriate security measures to ensure the protection of your personal data and prevent its access from unauthorized people. We review our policies and security systems periodically to ensure that data is secure and protected. However, the transmission of information over the internet is not entirely safe, and we cannot completely guarantee the security of the information transmitted through our website.
A cookie is a small file that is sent from the website server to the user’s browser and stored on the user’s device.
RIGHT TO SUBMIT A COMPLAINT
If the data subject believes that the rules foreseen in the GDPR have been breached, the data subject has the right to and can file a complaint to the regulatory authority, namely:
COMISSÃO NACIONAL DE PROTEÇÃO DE DADOS (Portuguese Data Protection Authority)
Headquarters: Rua de São Bento, 148, 3. andar, 1200-821 Lisboa
Telephone +351 213 928 400
Fax: +351 213 976 832
If you remain with any doubts regarding the processing of your personal data, or wish to exercise your rights, please contact us:
POLIBRAS – Abrasivos e Polimento, S.A.
Headquarters: Rua de São Tiago, 1088, 4805-437 Ronfe. Guimarães.
Telephone: +351 253 540 020